Fear of flying is much more common than you think. It is estimated that approximately 47% of all the leaflets had a sort of fear of flying. That's almost half of the people on an airplane. This proves that you are not alone with this kind of anxiety. Anxiety is very common, but not many people know about it. If you want to overcome a fear of flying then you can navigate https://www.fearless-flyer.com/de/.
Fear of flying is also sometimes referred to as aerophobia, Aviatophobia, aviophobia, and pteromerhanophobia. This does not necessarily mean an airplane, you may also be afraid of helicopters, jets, or other flying vehicles. A flying phobia may fear itself, or it can also be caused by other phobias that you may have.
Image Source: Google
There may be much different anxiety that can cause your phobia of flying. Here is a list of the most common phobias and anxieties’ associated with a fear of flying:
– Claustrophobia (fear of enclosed spaces or small)
– Fearful heights
– Fear of being dependent on others or technology
– Fear of crashing planes – cause pain, injury, or death
– Fear of vomiting in the plane of the hangover
– Fear of airplanes flying over water at night
– Fear of piracy or terrorism
– Fear of turbulence
– Agoraphobia (fear of having a panic attack in a place where trying to escape might be embarrassing or difficult)
There were only a couple of brainstorming ideas that could be the reason you're afraid of flying. Anxiety can be cured but it will take some effort on your part.